From The WikiGullet Project
The leaves, known as cilantro in the USA , are used as a herb in many cuisines around the world, particularly in Asia. Deep fried coriander leaves are served as a street food snack or vegetable dish in parts of China.
Some people find the taste of coriander leaf to be 'soapy' and unpleasant; others cannot detect this taste .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 , Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition, Version 4.0 (Windows & Mac) (Oxford University Press, 2009, Amazon.com page)
- ↑ Sarah Rubenstein (February 13, 2009). "Across the Land, People Are Fuming Over an Herb (No, Not That One)". Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123446387388578461.html. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- ↑ "Spices of the Subcontinent Part 11: Curry Powder and Coriander Powder". Chattering Kitchen. http://chatteringkitchen.com/2011/09/08/spices-of-the-subcontinent-part-11-curry-powder-and-coriander-powder/. Retrieved September 14, 20.
- ↑ Michael Jackson (June 6, 1992). "Europe's stylish summer whites". Real Beer Inc. http://www.beerhunter.com/documents/19133-000113.html. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- ↑ "Herbs & Spices". Real Thai Recipes. http://www.realthairecipes.com/category/glossary/herbs-and-spices/. Retrieved September 14, 2011.